tim and mark kdkb rump ranger

Store at metro centerSunday nights on 100.3 had the best new waveDrive ins on Hayden and mckellipsafter the goldrush6 east. Jump on 43rd. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Cactus rd was the dirt road you took when you drove to PV Mall. Moon mountain the slope fountain hills 7thst deer valley rd mudbogs Thunderbird rd Lenny montis. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Cake Tampering At TCBY: A7: John Denver's DWI Remake: A8: Rump Ranger's 4th Of July Preparation: A9: Juan . You remember when there was only one Burger King with slides.4. As long as you didn't want to know how much anything was because they did not put prices on their stuff. (I still can't believe they had to close down because they had the best steak picado EVER).Think Kevin Johnson dunking on Olajuwon is an incredible sports highlight.STILL can't stand the Bulls or the Rockets.Remember Jake 'the snake' Plummer.Used to wake up to "Wake up, wake up, WAKE UPPP! . Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. Here's a good sample of Tim Scott & Mark Derringer.. Class of '87I remember just about all of these things.Anyone remember when Dave Pratt had to apologize on the air for Michael Jackson canceling his show? You've played the Basha's Bingo game during the Monkey's sitcom everyday.12. I-17 exits were giant round circles (clover leaf style). W. Steven Martin on KNIXMalabu Speedway in TempeDon't remember the buggy raceway on Van Buren, their was a night club in the 80's around 19th ave and deer valley NOT BLISS does anyone remember ???? Tag this artist. You thought an ice chest (or any thing you can fill with water) was a pool.8. How about Getting a personal custom cassette tape made Live by M.C. 2. You know who Jim Howel is.2. Remember the Goldberg & Osborne commercials.Can sing the Waterworld Safari jingle ("whoa WaterworldWaterworld! Christown Mall had the Santa house made of sand! How about before that when it was OASIS?And the ongoing radio saga of Hal and Joanie"The Twitty's", vs. Muammar Gaddafi. Tri-City Mall. Lance also advises stations, talent and brands on digital content strategies, programming integrations, and brand extensions. Do you know any background info about this artist? Memories. In March 1989, KDKB was anchored in mornings by the "Tim & Mark" show. On September 5, 2006, KDKB began playing full-length albums of classic rock artists without the use of any on-air personalities. The intersection of 27th ave and Grand was a cotton field. "It's CARPET TIME!" The Bash on Ash. It airs an Alternative Rock radio format. A typical Tim & Mark air shift is a fast-paced gag fest fueled by regular blasts of politically incorrect humor accompanied by uproarious laughter from studio guests and production assistants. For sale is a rare cassette tape release of The Best of The Rump Ranger Volume 1 by Tim and Mark (93.3 KDKB, Real Time). Does anyone remember the loan-a ranger and lotta car sales commercials that came on every 5 minutes late at night? Back in 80' s. Lloyd behuninfoodtruck junkees facebook, 1. Beardsley Road before it was the 101. I have one that is on red paper, with my name #5181 on it and he signed it. The I-17 and Bell Dollar theater was actually $1 (it's still exactly the same in side tho). Does Anyone remember RB Furniture on Camelback and one on Scottsdale Road? KDKB, the Valley's original great album-oriented station, did not ride a huge ratings surge to pull even with KUPD; its ratings progress has been gradually upward in recent years, but not spectacularly so, and has yet to translate into a full-scale ratings victory. Featured in the first segment is the Beatles psychedelic classic "Tomorrow Never Knows" from their Revolver album. Anyone remember Fed-Mart at I-17 and Dunlap? We all had Muscle Cars and cruised Central!!!!15. What a shot Whataburger! Back to school clothes from Millers outpost !!!!!! I forgot what they were launching.Something I truly miss was the awesome monsoons. ", DEVINE said, "This is the music I grew up with so it's going to be a great fit. The Dash Inn. 173.236.152.111 And M&M in the AM on KSLX, while not a high profile morning show, seems to fit the format perfectly. One correction - #93, Terminal 1 was the first and lonely. Completely burned out. Yums Chinese buffet and I think I'm going to end up there I could probably go on but honestly I think all of these are unmentioned. In 1980, the format on KDJQ changed to new wave music for a brief time, with Jonathan "Johnny D." Dixon as the program director and Jonathan L as assistant program director, music director, and evening personality. Hired from WIL in St. Louis where he had worked with Dan Ingram under the air name of "Rockin' Robin Scott" Bob arrive Alison Steele was an American radio personality, writer, television producer, correspondent, and entrepreneur who was also known by her air Frank Jolley first aired in 1960 at WKIK. Mark Devine And Paul "NeanderPaul" Marshall. I moved here in 1987 and the original blog list extends well into the 90's. They changed the dish regularly so you had to come in once a week for a year to get the whole set. You know you grew up in Phoenix in the 80s if1. comment. ", 55 KOY!Z-Rock - Flip us on and flip them off!Tim, Mark & BS Mike on KDKB - Rump RangerCotton fields, crop dusters and citrus groves.Bob Mohan on KFYI - Blow out the phones (the original! 8 Tim and Mark (Author) Format: Audio CD 1 rating $2025 See all formats and editions Audio CD $20.25 1 Used from $20.25 1 New from $29.95 Product details Package Dimensions : 5.55 x 4.97 x 0.54 inches; 2.83 Ounces Date First Available : May 31, 2008 ASIN : B001AJH030 You shopped at Goldwaters at Park Central Mall2. And yes I'm a dough boy now. ^Was it Straw Hat? VI (1997, CD) - Discogs Release [r14783039] Copy Release Code Edit Release Recently Edited Add to Collection Add to Wantlist Marketplace No items for sale for this Release. )Phoenix Cardinals playing at Sun Devil StadiumTICOThe Loan ArrangerFederated FredDave Pratt & the Sex Machine BandGolf N StuffPutts. You have eaten at Tom & Tiny's while it was still in a bowling alley.7. Legend city was open2. The Devil House. "Hubbard Radio buys Seattle, Phoenix radio stations from Sandusky Radio", KDKB Drops Rock After 43 Years, Flips To Alternative, "Alt AZ 93.3 Adds the Woody Show for Mornings - RadioInsight", "93.3 Alt AZ Adds Izzy for Mornings - RadioInsight", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=KDKB&oldid=1148344664, This page was last edited on 5 April 2023, at 16:21. Local public grade schools would open up in the summer with ping-pong, Carom, and board games. You remember when Sunnyslope dead ended into the ghetto rather than the "million dollar mountain".10. 17 or 18 years? Today a Vietnamese joint called Valley Vietnamese Food sits in its place. Join the New Times community and help support Rump Rangers Romp Part 1 dirtyshirtproduction 37 subscribers Subscribe 15 Share Save 4.9K views 15 years ago Short experimental comedic movie brought to you by the minds of Dirty Shirt. Jimmy Z shorts sliding down the middle of the escalators at the mall before they put the dividers in, Captain Bill's Subs which is still there and is still cheap as all get-out. When Christown mall ( now Spectrum mall) had sand castles in it. Feyline Field7. 24th street was the best way to get to the airport.17. This move allowed Hubbard to keep their "Wall of Rock" intact, while eliminating all overlaps between KDKB and sisters Classic Rock KSLX-FM and Active Rock KUPD. My friend was the booking agent and promoter for Silver Dollar and 6 East was so much fun! There are lots of theories. Tim & Mark also contributed hundreds of thousands of dollars to local charities through their self-formed "Tim & Mark Charities." KDKB won in morning drive, barely. Some materials found on this page were originally published by the following: Bernard G. Pippenger II was born in Indiana on May 26, 1936. The radio team of Tim Scott and Mark Derringer debuted on KDKB on March 6, 1989. Buck and Barry's Bunkhouse Capers on KDKBBeeline Dragway, Native New Yorker originally La Monicas60 to Mill, then McClintock, then Price, then DobsonFiesta Mall being builtDobson Ranch was bigJump fence between Legend City and Phoenix Giants, ASU was only football Malibu Gran Prix vs. Chaparral SpeedwayUsed Cars filmed in MesaA Star is Born, filmed at Tempe DiabloSpring Training games cost $2 to sit anywhere and bring your own beerMcClintock (keifer) vs. Moutain View (Parker)Pizza dough from SmittysGravel pits in river bottomMill avenue only bridge open across Salt RiverCable waterski park in Gilbert (now in Orlando)Bill Johnsons Big Apple on Van BurenDrinking age was 19Nearest Del Taco was BlytheNearest Rubios Fish Tacos was San DiegoNot only Lunt Avenue but Willy and Guerrmos Cruising Main in MesaOrgan Stop on Southern and Dobson, West of Mc DonaldsHorseshoe drive in , ChandlerPima Road shut down by IndiansFort McDowell stand offRed Light trailers at I10 and BaselineLast Chance SaloonMidnight horseback rides from Papago Stables to LarkDon Bowles/Bob Crane Frank Kush/Kevin Rutledge. Can you help us out? KDKB was the first Album Oriented Rock (AOR) station in the Phoenix media market, and one of the first AOR stations in America. In the fall of 2013, the station changed its lineup and featuring Shmonty & Conklin in the mornings, Ruby Cheeks midday, KDKB's Program Director and DJ Paul "Neanderpaul" Marshall in afternoons, and Mike Gaube at night. Local broadcasting executives, already troubled by overpopulation (few markets of this size match our station total, which, at last count, was 39), wonder where those listeners may be headed. The last song on "KDKB" was Living After Midnight by Judas Priest (promoting a November 2014 concert at Gila River Arena by the group), while the first song on "Alt AZ" was Come With Me Now by Paradise Valley-founded band KONGOS. As for that last song, well, he will say what it isn't. "I've got a song in mind," Devine said. Thank you for the memories! Painting S mountain, near Sunnyslope High School. My first paying job was helping vendors set up and sell their wares at the swap meet in 1984. Can you guess what part of Phoenix I lived at? When Elliot and Ellsworth was the best place to have a huge bonfire. This website uses cookies. Be the first one to write a review. When channel 3 was ABCChannel 5 was the "independent" stationChannel 10 was CBSChannel 15 was on the UHF (?, or was it VHF) dialCruising up and down Central When I-10 extended further and you took it to the end just to drive it (I can't have been the only one!). or just breaking the Worst Sweat of Your Life 3-5 minutes after exiting the shower? 3rd. Turn your frown upside down! 5. What do you think? Who can forget the old haunted girls school on 19th and Northern? 14. It is owned by Hubbard Broadcasting, Inc. with the license held by Phoenix FCC License Sub, LLC. Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Mark and Neanderpaul start rockin your morning commute on Monday, March 16th at 5:30am. "As far as him doing his job, he's killing," says one insider. When one of our music columnists tagged Pratt a "flaming asshole" and all but labeled his listeners racist louts, Pratt's comeback was to write a musical ditty titled "The New Times Rag," which ridiculed the newspaper for, among other things, accepting Romance ads from gays. on Power 92.Remember "95.5, KYOOOOOOO-T", Scoops Ice Cream before it became Sammy B's Pizzacarnival type rides in the food area of P V Mall before they moved them out and put in a fruit and vegetable marketScaggs Drug Store next to Alpha Beta at Cactus and TatumSmitty's sign at the front door asking you to leave your firearms at the service deskheading to Phoenix from PV Mall, the closest gas station was at 24th St. & CamelbackWhen the Pope came to PhoenixCotton Fitzsimmons Miracle Mile Deli at Park Central MallChompies Bagles on 32nd and SheaFun, Fun memories from a wonderful time to live in Phoenix. The ratings gurus who claim to understand Arbitron say most of that drop is attributable to defecting listeners in older age brackets. Yet KDKB's ratings have increased from a 3.5 "share" to 4.5 in the last year. :-P best Biscuits n Gravy EVER !! Seems like they were so much heavier in the 80's.Nice memories but I'll never go back there again. It was like statues and sculptures of dinosaurs and clowns and random stuff. Eating steak at Monti's La Casa VejaHanging out of Mill Ave on the weekendsASU games, better yet, giving a hard time to anyone who dared show up to school in a UofA tshirt.If you lived in Mesa, swimming at any of the Junior High pools for a dollar all afternoon. The Bell Road AMC movie theater on 59th and Bell before a church bought it. ", and retooled the entire on-air lineup. Phoenix Cardinals playing at Sun Devil Stadium TICO The Loan Arranger Federated Fred Dave Pratt & the Sex Machine Band Golf N Stuff Putts )Munch A BagelCarnation Restaurant at the Carnation Dairy on CentralThe AJ Bayless Museum The Playboy ClubThe Dash InnBogartsHotbodsYellow Front was THE place to buy LevisMadison Pay n Take It. The decline of KUPD, once the market's dominant rocker--the big hammer," in the words of a competitor--all but signifies a new era in local rock broadcasting. ").Bought and sold CDs at Zia Records (more 90s? Remember the Pink Floyd parody: We don't need no irrigation, we don't need no flood control. Broom Hockey,The Devil House, olive Grove Park for "working out Your Problems" Denim and Diamonds, Legend City. All of the profits were then given to charity. On September 15, 2006, KDKB returned to its Mainstream Rock format with the new slogan, "Everything That Rocks", including a larger variety of Rock artists along with special programming features including '80s themed weekends. 1. The original McDonalds on Indian School and Central. Get the latest updates in news, food, music and culture, and receive special offers direct to your inbox. Dreamy Draw.11. KDKB's HD Radio signal is multiplexed. The KDKB Got Better Theory. I was 18-20. Radio airchecks from KDKB, Phoenix, AZ, circa 1976. I'm excited to be at KSLX.". Used to tube down 35th Ave and Thunderbird after a big rain. bout time all stations were all under one roof. Over the years, New Times has feuded gloriously with Pratt, the KUPD-FM morning man who has ruled local rock radio for what seems like forever. TIM SCOTT, who co-hosted the long-running "TIM AND MARK SHOW" on then-SANDUSKY Rock KDKB/PHOENIX, died of cancer on OCTOBER 18th at his home in CHANDLER, AZ. The best part was the little vanilla ice cream bowl with the wooden spoon.4) Channel 58, the JukeBox5) Watching live helicopter coverage of dust storms6) Watching live helicopter coverage of rescues of idiots who drove their cars into flooded washes7) Suns and Roadrunners games at the Veteran's Memorial Colosseum (The Madhouse on McDowell)8) Paddleboat rides at Encanto Park9) Vinyl car seats, molten metal seatbelt buckles, no airconditioning, and short shorts10) Getting to Apache Junction, even from Tempe, took forever11) Hiking up to Fat Man's Pass on South Mountain12) Faceplanting a Saguaro cactus while running down a hill, having dad use his car keys to yank out the spines13) Super Saver Cinema14) Orange Julius above the ice skating rink at Metrocenter15) Peach and orange orchards in Peoria16) Swamp coolers + monsoon season = ineffective17) Golf 'n Stuff18) Bus tokens with free 4 hour transfers19) Bumper-to-bumper traffic on the Dreamy Draw20) Sun Devils and Cardinals football at Sun Devil Stadium21) The Fiesta Bowl parade22) Filling up America West Arena in 1992 for a TV game during the Suns-Bulls NBA finals23) The irony of listening to KOOL FM (94.5) on your walkman, while in the summer heat24) The asphalt would get so hot, you could twist and dent it with your shoe, Ray Thompson's mustache & bolo ties, and Dewey Hopper's umbrella "empty ribs! You know you grew up in the 80's if you went to 8's Great Sunday at Fountain Hills! Tim Scott, Mark Derringer - Comedy To Go, The Best Of Tim & Mark Vol. went to Mary Coyles Ice Cream Parlor for banana splits. 1,945 Views . Go directly to shout page. DEVINE spent 15 years as half of the top-ranked TIM AND MARK morning show on PHOENIX Rock station KDKB. Lake pleasant before the new Dam when there was a camp ground. He was 60. Reviews There are no reviews yet. On April 20, 1968, the current 93.3 license first signed on the air as the sister station to 1510 AM (now KFNN). )3) Field trips to the Carnation Dairy. Within that group, though, he remains the comparative king of the local rock-radio universe. (And the song "Droppin' on Gaddafi. All rights reserved. What I would give for a slice of that pizza. This new partnership will strive for Olympic levels of entertainment, insight and humor while staying true to the Classic Rock attitude of KSLX. Click to reveal Being able to stand on the roof of terminal 2 and watch the planes land.Cruising Central Avenue and when that was stopped then Metro center.I-10 ended at 115th ave and you had to drive through Buckeye to reach it.Manzanita speedwayP.I.R. My sister and I would get in trouble if we lost them. NEANDERPAUL came to KSLX in 2014 after hosting afternoons on KDKB and has been doing nights . Jolly Rogers restaurant Rocky Horror picture show for the midnight movies on the weekendCave Creek was way out there.Union hills was the outskirts of town. You swam in flooded streets after a good rain.20 Smitty's is not only where you went grocery shopping (even open on Christmas) it's also where you got your Keds. The AM call letters were changed to KDJQ ("The Golden Rock") with program director Robert M. Chenault and morning DJ Griffin Gary "Toad Hall" Kinsey, followed later by Bruce "Brother" Baumbush. and indian school, cartland!!3. Remember "The Alley" in Metrocenter? Release Calendar Top 250 Movies Most Popular Movies Browse Movies by Genre Top Box Office Showtimes & Tickets Movie News India Movie Spotlight. The Bell Road and I-17 offramps were a dangerous cloverleaf! (and remember when Great Games was Bagatelle), Going to the top of south mountain at night and looking out at the Phoenix city lights, How about saying into an operating fan "93 KDKBROCKSARIZONA" The action you just performed triggered the security solution. I had been reading the Arizona Republic and watching KPHO, it was provably insane, THANK YOU KDKB producers 50 years ago who gave us our sanity. Your IP: N.E. Bill close hostage situation, William Holden's mysterious death, the Mendoza, mountain shadows, Flight of the Phoenix. You had to catch a ride with a friend with a Jeep to do the 8 mile dirt rode stretch they now call "Dynamite" to go to the Verde.3. Margs at The Dash.North and South Court at Thomas Mall.The Rundle Bum.River bottom before ASU games.Confetti's on Mill.Hitch hiking back to your car after a day on the salt.Stu Tracy tossing fake sun and clouds on the cheesy weather map.Listening to the Star Spangled Banner before the TV stations went to snow. Add your comment below. You could also get dishes from the grocery store as an incentive to shop at that store. Atari - asteroids and donkey kongPole Position - Driving Arcade Game - one of the first out.Going to the drive ins on bethany home rd and playing on the playground by the snack bar.What I would give to be able to have raised my children in our days. Do you have any photos of this artist? The only store near Waterworld for years was a gas station w/a Blimpies. Big Sky Drive In on GrandClub 21RockersThe Store WestScene WestMr. You had a Charlie White t-shirt.The organ music played at the coliseum was an actual person playing an actual organ.K Swiss were cool shoes. When Pete's Fish and Chips was on Mill Ave, and had only 10 stools to sit on and was a 50's diner. Imagine our disappointment, a few weeks later, to discover that Pratt's demise had been greatly exaggerated. The show proved to be one of the most popular in Phoenix radio history, lasting through 2005. You know what a Lenny Burger tastes like and remember Lenny actually serving it to you.5. Awesome memories! It was indoor golf and at night was a dance club for teenagers!!! The enmity between us is long and rich. Kopa 100Tower Plaza dollar movieBefore FedMart it was GlobeSouthwest SupermarketEl Rancho MarketHumpty Dumpty RestaurantFurrs CafeteriaPiccadilly RestaurantSmitty's DinerEd DebevicsRoxy'sYellow Front'sPhoenix Memorial HospitalBaseline road was all orchards and flower girlsWhen Dobbins road was all dirt25 cents thrifty ice creamPenny SaversPhoenix GazzetesThe dome stage at Encanto ParkSwensen Ice Cream ParlorManzanita RestaurantSargent Peppers teen club in TempeVideo Roundup in ScottsdaleLos Arcos MallBobs Big Boy on CentralU-TotemRicardo's Mexican on 24th Street & ThomasCruzin Central in South Phoenix/Central/ Mill ave/ Metro Center circlePlaying in the ice dumded from the ice rinksWoolworths on CentralClub Zazoo'sClub RioClub The WorksThe GardenBuckeye Road had farmsValley National BanksUnited BanksCity bus was called Tico.and the list can go on. Here are a few more of mine:The Pink SidewalkThe Magic ForestThe Magic DragonNew Wave Wednesday at Devil HouseThe International Food Court at Town and CountryThe MonestaryLadmos HamburgersScottsdale Fashion Square as an open air mallMadison Square Garden punk showsThe Wax Museum (which later became Party Gardens and hosted punk shows)Billy Clone and the SameShiprockThe FlumesRocky Horror Picture Show at the Sombrero PlayhouseThe Tree House in Cave CreekGoogs on Camelback after the bars closedCutters HairThe Janitors Closet Bar underneath ChristownChez NousBoondocker parties off Beardsley Road (no houses for miles upon miles! At Noon that day, 93.3 flipped to Alternative Rock as "Alt AZ 93.3". Tim Scott, Half Of Longrunning 'Tim And Mark Show' At KDKB/Phoenix, Dies At 60 November 16, 2020 at 9:15 AM (PT) What do you think? Start the wiki, Do you know what kind of music this is? Wily and Guillermo's Mexican restaurantCloth WorldAppetitos pizzaPartying at Lake Pleasant, 12 News with Kent Dana and Linda AlvarezJutenhoops at Town & CountryHis Co Disco on 16th StHot Bods on McDowellAngels Flight polyester pantsCrayon shoes and bootsFeeding the birds at Patriot's Park during lunchValley National Bank picture ID cards, Duffys Tavern Pix TheatreEllen Marie dress shopKarems clothingDino's pizzaJack Ross and Aquanetta, I didn't read this entire list, so I'm sure this may have been said, but here's my two cents:Will ALWAYS call "Spectrum Mall" Christown Mall.Will ALWAYS call "Desert Sky Mall" Westridge Mall.Remember "J.J. - The King of Beepers. KSLX PD JIM OWEN said, "Building a morning show from scratch is one of the truly exciting projects in radio. South Mountain was where you went to have car sex.And Phoenix was separated from all the other cities by dirt roads.And as to the 51.the house where I was born is now paved under it :). Barney suffered from bipolar disorder which was not called that in 1967. When the Tim and Mark show ended in 2005, "I was burned out. After the show ended, he worked in the nonprofit world for SAVE THE FAMILY and ARIZONANS FOR CHILDREN. Vern & Craig's Love Workshop on KDKB5. It was the creepiest & coolest place!!! Best of the Love Workshop on KDKB. I remember that place! 1510 is now broadcasting a Financial/Business News format as KFNN. I loved me some stickers and pens! Shopping @ Popular Surplus for camping stuffLumber @ O'MalleysHow about Angels & Handyman before Home Base & Home DepotBig Sky drive-in. Movies. I remember he got jumped in a public bathroom shortly after and everyone thought it had to do with the MJ thing.Remember "The Loons" on Jonathon Brandmeier's show? local news and culture. plus-circle Add Review. But KUPD's full-day, all-listener ratings have dropped, from a high of a 7.4 "share" in 1990 (an explanation of Arbitron ratings is coming) to 4.7 in the most recent book. (Enmity," for KUPD listeners, means "deep-seated mutual hatred."). I saw Free Willy 5 times and Jurassic Park 7 times there! Hired after his four years in the Navy he was offered afternoons 12noon to signoff on WKIK, Leanar Jerry Goodwin began his 40-year span broadcasting in radio, beginning in 1959, as Sam Hill in Amarillo, Texas on KFDA-AM. Meanwhile, the sock hop, tentatively scheduled for Dave Pratt's radio grave, was canceled. Classic Rock radio station KSLX-FM (100.7 KSLX) brings a high-octane morning show to Phoenix with Mark Devine and Paul NeanderPaul Marshall, two local powerhouse veterans. Gloria serving pizza and soda at Tommy's after colt 45s in the parkWed nights at shadow mountain skate center good old perverted AlStealing the coins from the water ways at Golf n StuffSuperfun @pv mallSpencers giftsSwap meet at dog track. Hey, governor leave those dams alone. Click to reveal none. before walmart and target when KMART could fulfill all our needs. Kresgee drug store where you could get deli meat and slurpees The pop shoppe on Indian school, So many good ones already mentioned. "What time is it?" A tip of the fez to Mother Hubbard for actually doing something with the former Gumpdusky stations! Tim & Mark Vol. Don't forget the following:1st. A favorite segment during the summer in the early 80's was reading listener shared "Dashboard Recipes" at noon. Tim & Mark left KDKB in early 2005. Remember the stamps you got from the grocery store that you'd turn in for things? 1. Weekends of Rhythm skating to Sugarhill Gang at Great Skate, birthday parties with train rides at Encanto Park. In mid 2010, the station initiated the slogan, "KDKB Rocks Arizona! Or how about Franklins. Wasn't it off of Cave Creek rd.? Painting the S on the hill across from Sunnyslope High School. The double DD u know. He was 60. Sitting at the food court in P.V. The Big Question--What Happened to the Big Red Radio?--logically leads to the Big Follow-up Question: Where Did All Those Listeners Go? The area was not yet packed to the gills with houses, and there was not a single store of any kind on that side of the mountain. No gated high schools - Off campus lunchesPlaying "Ditch em"Calling the operator because the phone line was busy and you wanted to know if there was conversation on the line or ask to interrupt the call.Only 7 television stations and rabbit ears with the best shows like:Cell Block HBarney MillerHappy DaysMash (ugghh - parents favorite show)Benny HillChipsGreen AcresCharlie's AngelsAmerican BandstandTurning in pop bottles for money or writing a note to buy cigarettes at the store forged by you from your parents.The Library (pool hall)Rockers on Indian SchoolThe bar at Valley West Mall that was underground by Miller's Outpost - Had business cards all over the walls (if I remember correctly)Boones Farm - Strawberry Hill and Fuzzy Navel Alcohol Wallabee shoes or GASS shoes Delivering telephone books in the back of a pick up truck Roach Clip feathers in your hairTG&YSex Machine pajamas and the 98 KUPD red cardThe Flumes on 107th and Glendale. Driving south through Dreamy Draw and being able to see Wrigley Mansion. and the smell of the chips cooking at El Diablolived close to these 2 places for a whilealsothe Outdoor Swap Mart, was really a swap martnothing likie today :( . Gold Rush in TempeZazoo's westsideWalking the old Tempe Bridge from the softball fieldsFour wheeling South Mountain Four wheeling the river-bottom by the freeway all the way to Mill AveOne way traffic on the Mill Ave bridge. You know the importance of freezing your bed sheets.2. Getting your bike seat (or any part of your bike) stolen from the bike rack at Valley West Mall. Cloudflare Ray ID: 7c0a808dacbc2bc5 You remember the scratch & sniff sticker center at Circle K.11. Used to take over night field trips there with my 2nd grass class.Pv mall before the parking garage.Yellow front.The empty lot that now had horizon high school on it.Bell road was dirtyRawhide in Scottsdale was a day tripThe gravel pits. After the show ended, he worked in the nonprofit world for SAVE THE FAMILY and ARIZONANS FOR CHILDREN. If it's a good car , it's a Miracle. & Phoenix Union in downtown PhoenixWoolworth's & the city bus depot on Central & Washington (& yellow 20-ride bus-tickets the driver would punch); & the Barber College (buzz haircuts for $1) Veteran's Memorial Coliseum had it all: Phoenix Suns, Roadrunners Hockey, Phoenix Pride Soccer games, & outstanding concert venuePhoenix GIANTS baseball & 10-cent beer night, with no-limit ordering; folks would show-up to the snack-bar with cupcake pans to carry beers.Love's Barbecue, O'Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor (home of the $25 "ZOO" for ten of your friends) at ChristownPapago Park partiesCivil War Re-enactments at Pioneer Village just North up the I-17Really bad ("100-year") floods when the streets would be completely underwater! "It's men 25 to 34 that aren't there anymore," says one. Tim & Mark would do night time anniversary shows every year at places like the Tempe Improv and the Celebrity Theater. "For what he was hired to do, he does it better than anybody." What about when he and Pratt had that catapult contest? Midnight movie expressPeople went tubing down the street in 86 when the dam brokeMake out point on camelback mountainMissing a city bus and waiting an hour in the heatSummer movies at christown mallRuining every neighbors yard with a slip n slideBig wheels.

Progressbook Urbana Ohio, Articles T