famous interviews transcripts

Edited version of Last Talk With a Lonely Girl: Marilyn Monroe by Richard Meryman, first published in Life magazine, August 17 1962. Is climate change killing Australian wine? Why did you feel you needed to share that bit of your life story which was very very personal? Roger Clemens and Alex Rodriguez (and legions of others) have been interviewed about PED use and their on screen presence has ranged from "deer-in-headlights" to nonchalant, honest and almost uncaring. Vast library of streaming video resources, including documentaries, interviews, lectures, recordings of performances, and news footage. Well that was an act of complete frustration and desperation because I also talk about how I had tried it so may different ways. Bundy died in the Raiford electric chair at 7:16 a.m. EST on January 24, 1989. Watch out, there are some swears in this one, as fans might guess. So I wouldnt have known that example was possible had I not looked ahead at the women who were my mentors. MT gave her first speech in July 1945, delivered in a town close to Grantham while she was an Oxford student home for the university holidays. Here are 16 of the most controversial celebrity interviews of all time. America is becoming more diverse, it's becoming more tolerant as a consequence there's more interactions between groups. I talk a lot about Valerie Jarrett, for example, who has worked in our administration but I met her very early on before Barack and I even got married and she for me was one of the first examples of a strong professional woman, who was a single parent, who was doing a phenomenal job as a mother and was just a boss at work. It was republished in Liberty magazine in July 1932. And what I found during the course of the presidency, and I suppose this is true in life, is that investments and work that you make back here sometimes take a little longer than the 24-hour news cycle to bear fruit. 2023 Guardian News & Media Limited or its affiliated companies. Men being flexible with their work and women as well. Its absolutely brilliant. Because we don't have a more important partner than Great Britain. President Obama covered a wide range of issues in his interview with the BBC's Jon Sopel. You know, he had swerved his whole life. I absolutely love that. How do you manage to teach your children the same resilience that youve shown through your life when they have many privileges that you did not have growing up? Especially growing up as a working class kid. People just dont get the credit that they need. OBAMA: And we're glad we have that partner. The Princess of Wales told Bashir she had an affair with retired British Army officer. Yeah, we struggle and I think the challenge is that education systems are developed for masses of teaching but every kid is so different and if you dont have the resources to individualise the educational curriculum then youre really pushing kids through a funnel that may not fit them and thats something that I worry about and see now in my girls. You too, Im really good thank you very much. Interviewee: But--. An edited extract from Interviews with Francis Bacon by David Sylvester in 1963, 1966 and 1979. And its definitely a love thats got you both through tough times. I think I had an honest conversation with David that Great Britain has always been our best partner. And the robust exertion of executive authority within the the lawful constraints that we operate under is something that we've been spending a lot of time thinking about. But he refuses to answer any questions until the reporter allows MWP to spray him with his favorite cologne. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA: Well, I think it is important first of all that the president of the United States underscores our commitment to partnering with countries around the world, even though we're not intimidated by terrorist organisations. I wanted kids running all over the South Lawn, I wanted kids to talk about how they regularly came and helped build that garden and have a sense of pride in the house that is theirs. Here is your deal Jean-Marc October 13, 2020 inspiration Start growing your audience today But that's ancient history -. Interviewer: [laughs] That's unfortunate. I mean, the deputy president in Kenya, who you're going to meet, Mr Ruto, he said - "We have heard that in the US they have allowed gay relations and other dirty things.". 3. That Britain is no longer playing its place on the world stage in the way that it used to. I didnt know, I hadnt explored it because I was on the path to be a lawyer. How did you overcome that and what would you say to others facing the same dilemma? But no one tells young people that marriage is work. JP: I am a college student looking for an internship in your prestigious company. Original reporting and incisive analysis, direct from the Guardian every that we do, the military greetings and the state visits and the dinner and the music performances, I wanted as many kids as possible to feel like they belonged in those chairs too and the only way to do that was to open it up and invite them in. And it is important for British leadership, but it's important for US stability. We don't want to discourage it. Does the IRGC [Revolutionary Guard] or the Quds Force have more resources? Arthur Steven Lange Jr. (born October 11, 1967) is an American stand-up comedian and actor, best known for his tenures on The Howard Stern Show and the sketch comedy series Mad TV. Former President Donald Trump spoke with NPR's Steve Inskeep on Tuesday in a brief phone interview. You mentioned the issue of guns, that is an area where if you ask me where has been the one area where I feel that I've been most frustrated and most stymied it is the fact that the United States of America is the one advanced nation on earth in which we do not have sufficient common-sense, gun-safety laws. Its probably part of the reason why Im good at it. Yeah I felt the same when I was going through the experience that it took me ten months, a year to openly say yes Im trying for a baby and its not happening. I wish Id done it earlier but once Id opened that floodgate I was like, Im so thankful that I have now got it off my own chest and also helping others to understand that it does happen to people and there can be happy endings as well. You know, we grew up with this solid stability of the four of us at the dinner table. . I'm sure some people would say that yes, you've set out the case where there is no pathway to a nuclear bomb now for Iran -. So we did a social media competition where we got lots of people to send in the questions they wanted to ask you and weve got a winner from one called Natasha on Instagram. Use this interview with a famous actor to practice speaking and pronunciation skills as well as review important grammar points on tense usage. This is how it works. Does that mean its broken? And when youre like us, and youre a couple thats viewed as a role model to others I feel like its a responsibility to tell the whole story so that people know that beautiful marriages have challenges and there are ups and downs and that doesnt mean that its broken it means you have to work at it. And I can only hope that Malia and Sasha will be as giving and as generous as you are. Translated on-screen subtitles for videos. It's not a question of journalist--. So I had to find out how to open myself up in a way that people could connect with me and then be able to hear me. Is it ok if I call you Michelle? Make your content more accessible to people with disabilities. Its the conversations about advantage as well, pushing them to face their own fears and thats the hardest part as a parent because that means you have to let your kids go and do things that are a little frightening for you, like sending them off away on a trip, I mean Malia for her gap year spent three months in the Amazon camping. This is an edited version of "The Other Side of Paradise, Scott Fitzgerald, 40, Engulfed in Despair" by Michel Mok, first published in the New York Post, September 25 1936. Search for patterns or themes in your codes across the different interviews. - Don't just read. Smart Verbatim Transcription. The more we can encourage entrepreneurship, particularly for young people, the more they have hope. But you cant send that message if kids dont see themselves in those hallways so I wanted every event to be connected to kids in some way so that whatever was sent out into the world kids would see themselves in that house. Again its very lucky that we both had parents that stayed together. After the midterm elections, I read every commentator say, "Well, this administration is effectively over now. on March 20. I think that the president there President Sall, is doing a wonderful job in moving the country forward - a strong democrat. Interviewee: There are a lot of challenges no matter what the product. Interlibrary loan: We can lend copies of most interview transcripts in the JFK and RFK Oral History Collections through free interlibrary loans. Former US president Bill Clinton discusses climate change, Kyoto, AIDS and the American election. Dennis: Joining me this evening on Theatre Hour is the recent winner of the New York Times Actress of the Year award Jenny Longton. And, you know, a good example of this is Burma. There's a battle brewing in Hollywood that may affect your television viewing. Right, this notion that every kid is going to learn in the same way at the same time is disastrous and it creates box checkers who then go on to careers that may not fulfil them and then theyre not good at it. This sort of unpeeling of each other and that was what first attracted me to Barack was that he was so different from me. I truly believe that flexible working is the only way were going to get full equality in a workplace. 19 min read November 28, 2017 - 1:50PM THERE are celebrations all over the world today following news Prince Harry and American actor Meghan Markle are engaged to be married. Toni Morrison, who . Tariq Ali: Herbert Matthews' 1957 scoop showed up Batista's spin and alerted Washington to the reality that he could not keep power for long, Michael White: This interview is like a fragment of Etruscan pottery, authentic early Maggie Thatcher. Usually, a small group works together to create a set of 12 to 20 interviews about a Jay McInerney: Michel Mok's interview with Scott Fitzgerald is one of the most famous hatchet jobs of all time. I describe myself as a box checker because thats how we teach kids. OBAMA: In modern times there's no country where we have closer affinity in terms of values, and on the international stage a nation with greater capacity. Kemper: "When someone abandons himself to bein' a victim, he's gonna have to be one." Presenter: "With an IQ of one hundred thirty-six, Kemper is now the prison's best reader of books for the blind." Kemper: "I'm saying I've wanted to kill my mother since I was eight years old and I'm not proud of that." You can still enjoy your subscription until the end of your current billing period. Her memoir is a funny and insightful read that also touches on her struggles with alcohol, marriage and menopause. The 10 Most Inspiring and Famous Speeches Transcribed From Video - Checksub The 10 Most Inspiring and Famous Speeches Transcribed From Video You're looking for written transcript of the most remarkable and famous speeches to get inspiration from ? I am not a fan of discrimination and bullying of anybody on the basis of race, on the basis of religion, on the basis of sexual orientation or gender. William: If she loses it she's in big trouble. We support credit card, debit card and PayPal payments. Situated in the heart of London's West End, BAFTA 195 Piccadilly is the home of BAFTA worldwide, as well as an award-winning venue for hire that offers outstanding hospitality and a suite of flexible event spaces, which can be crafted to suit any occasion. Youre very open and honest and that really shines through in every little bit of the book. Michael, a fiercely private entertainer, had refused to give an interview for 14 years. They remember the choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features by showing you content that we think youll be interested in. The encounter that seals Oriana Fallaci's global reputation as a political interviewer is her interview with Henry Kissinger, the architect of Richard Nixon's foreign policy. The following is the transcript of a recent interview with Steven Van Yoder, author of the book Get Slightly Famous. Young people who were taking time out to figure out how to help others in their own communities, that was attractive to me. You've had many different careers in your life you attended Princeton and then became a high-flying lawyer, you were a powerhouse in City Hall, Director of a variety of community not-for-profits and then a 'reluctant' political campaigner - you call this 'swerving'! It depends on which way you want to tell it." Transcripts & captions for a better media workflow. He didnt know his father, his mother travelled and she was getting her PhD and she lived in other countries and exposed him to travel and so swerving was all he knew and I knew stability so I think that sort of.that contradiction that we found in ourselves was the first part of that love. And that includes gays, lesbians, transgender persons. Read about our approach to external linking. Because I think a lot of women, were afraid to just put our cards on the table and say, This is what Im worth, this is what I need to make this happen. This interview of Fidel Castro by Herbert Matthews took place in the Sierra Maestra, Cuba, February 16 1957. Varying lengths of speeches and/or interviews may cause some transcripts to be delayed. So theres that bit of it. I believe that when people see opportunity, when they have a sense of control of their own destiny, then they're less vulnerable to the propaganda and twisted ideologies that have been attracting young people - particularly now being turbocharged through social media. They get those funds back. Was that what drove you, as First Lady to push through a more diverse and inclusive to push through a more diverse and inclusive White House? Because if Iran obtained a nuclear weapon, then they could cause all those same problems that you just listed with the protection of a nuclear bomb. This is an edited version of Terry Coleman's interview with Margaret Thatcher, first published in the Guardian, November 2 1971. So I thought about all those kids who needed to walk in those doors and feel like all that wonderful stuff that they saw on T.V. Im not the only one who thinks its great. What you do when you have two young kids at a big event where the international spotlight is on them? Too often we focus on, what I call, our stats, what school did you go to, whats your occupation, but the truth is to really get to know people we have to go deep into those stories and I felt that if I wanted people to get to know me I had to share everything. Given the al-Shabaab attacks on the West Gate mall and Garissa University, I'm sure your secret service could've suggested other countries for you to visit. Richard Anderson- Better known as Oscar Goldman in the Six Million Dollar Man Ed Asner- Mary Tyler Moore'sLou Grant Cynthia Belliveau- Star of CBC's Wind At My Back So that was the hardest thing for me to understand how to do, is to walk away from the formal training that I had gotten and swerve into something more creative. Use the advanced search to search for a particular speaker/performer or to search the full text of a transcript. I think we think that's a good thing. President Obama covered a wide range of issues in his interview with the BBC's Jon Sopel. Bradbury: "I'd like to come back every 50 years and see how we can use certain technological advantages to our advantage, say in education. Its been really lovely seeing you again. So part of the struggle was I had to relearn how to educate myself about who I was. It is absolutely important and I encourage young people to try on different hats. Why Princess Diana's 1995 BBC Interview Shocked the World The interview, in which Princess Diana talked about her struggles with mental health and her marriage, rocked the royal family and. Diana admitting to having an affair is among the bombshell revelations discussed in the 53-minute interview. Explore audio and video transcripts from political figures, celebrities, entertainers, CEO's, public figures, and more. The fact that he was a lawyer but he cared very much about the community. And its such a shame because the education systems really should start that from the very beginning. And that's all for the good. We talk about the love, we talk about the wedding, we talk about the good times but we dont talk about how you sustain it year after year after year. I mean we sat around the dinner table at night and we told stories about our day and when you grow up with parents who not only respect your voice but enjoy your voice thats how I felt in our home that my parents thought we were brilliant and funny and they wanted us to you know I say in the book, my parents knew that there was a flame in me that they wanted to keep lit and thats, what I call, Zen Neutrality in parenting, I describe my mother in that way. Bellow you can see the transcript of his final interview with Rev. The president is a dead man walking. analyse how our Sites are used. [UPSC Interview 2022] - Transcript #251 : Lt. Gen Raj Sukhla Board, Sociology Optional, Karnataka Home State, Sports, Movie Hobby. Especially the struggles getting pregnant and Ive experienced miscarriages, Ive been through IVF as well. Three sample interview transcripts. [Begin Transcript 00:00:23] IN: Tell me about yourself. So I had to rewind all that learning. If you do nothing, you will be auto-enrolled in our premium digital monthly subscription plan and retain complete access for $69 per month. BAFTA Guru is BAFTAs content hub for career starters packed full of inspirational videos, podcasts and interviews. The secret mine that hid the Nazis' stolen treasure. Gary Younge: Playboy's timing couldn't have been better, catching Malcolm X at his most combative black nationalist phase. Well that was the assignment of the book, its like I had to be as open as possible. Look there was never a promise that race relations in America would be entirely resolved during my presidency or anybody's presidency. Its happening and people arent getting the credit for doing it, but if you work and have kids youre doing something flexible in there to make that happen we just need to label it. So the big day arrives, this is the front page of the Times at the inauguration. While coding methods to identify themes are the most common methods for analyzing interviews, discourse analysis is a valuable approach when looking at power relations and the framing of subjects through speech. You know I talk about the conversation I had with my mother where I was trying to break down how I wasnt passionate about my career and I feel guilty talking to a woman who had sacrificed so much for me and probably never had the luxury of thinking about something as trivial as passion. SOPEL: And you've had an intense campaign to settle the argument, which you've set out with great confidence. So, so our view is, in the same way that I visited Russia, and in the same way that I visited China, even when we know that there are significant human rights violations taking place, we want to make sure that we're there so that we can have this conversation and point them in a better direction. Well the first thing that I had to overcome was my own guilt because when you spend so much time and money, in my case, taking out student loans, I came out of law school with a lot of debt, the notion that I wouldnt want to invest financially to recoup that initial investment was a struggle for me. Browse Rev's full library of transcripts and order audio and video transcripts from Rev for anything you don . Discourse analysis can also be utilized to analyze interview transcripts. And the no one tells you that its not just a magical thing that happens. They discussed vaccinations for COVID-19, the 2020 . Yeah. Black children, white children, Latino children. These cookies are going to make your experience on our site better, like the option to Remember me. So some of what we have to do as parents is let go of our fears and let them fail a little bit and be there for them when they fall because if were always saving them if were always helicoptering around they never fall, and they never learn how to get back up and thats a hard thing to watch your kids do is fail. Whether youve taken your first steps in the industry or are just starting out, youll find plenty here to motivate and help you along the way. All rights reserved. That this happens to more people than we know and it wasnt until I experienced it and then slowly started talking about it and then you meet so many women who are like that was my journey and I didnt even realise how common miscarriages were and thats something, youd sort of think that OB-GYN would just sit down and tell us that at the outset. What role do you think businesses should play in society? Most populous nation: Should India rejoice or panic? Ted Bundy Interview. So he then came and asked you whether you gave him the family seal of approval to do it but you admitted Barack was a black man in America after all, I didnt really think he could win. And how wrong you were. We are. And for him to make that commitment, when he has a budget agenda that is, you know confined, a budget envelope that is confined, is really significant. You use a beautiful quote about your father Fraser, right at the beginning of the book: "Time as far as my father was concerned, was a gift you gave to other people." Now that requires some reforms in these governments that we continue to emphasise. morning, Available for everyone, funded by readers. Thats a whole different layer of love and nothing can replace those memories. Simply log into Settings & Account and select "Cancel" on the right-hand side. And he went off and did his bit, and I went off and did my bit. CNN . OBAMA: Well, keep in mind, first of all, we've shut off the pathways for Iran getting a nuclear weapon, which was priority number one. You know, so explaining that to a working class family, how youre going to walk away from a solid career and a solid income to pursue whats deep in your heart, my parents didnt And were they your biggest worry when you decided to leave? And for us not to be able to resolve that issue has been something that is distressing. Edited interview of Adolf Hitler by George Sylvester Viereck that took place in 1923. Third, as I wind down my presidency, I've already had a number of visits to Africa. There are many different approaches that we try to use normalising their experience, setting the same set of expectations for our children that our parents had for us. I was out of it': The Dropout's Naveen Andrews on booze, drugs and baffling the world in Lost He found fame in The English Patient before becoming a huge TV star. Today, she talks about how her gratitude and sense of purpose have shaped her journey. Ten famous speeches, interviews, etc. Where I was the first US president to visit there. One of my strengths is I have a pretty even temperament. We welcome Chinese aid into Africa. I was a bit like you at school, I found it quite I worked hard cause I knew how to pass the exams so I never really experienced that failure bit and passed my driving test when I rang him up to say Dad Ive passed my driving test, he was like Oh. I was like, why are you saying oh, and he was like I really wanted you to fail because its so important to fail at something. A man who you describe as: a unicorn, a strange mix-of-everything man, an exotic geek and fair to say it was by no means 'love at first sight'! I know, bringing up twins at the same time they get the exact same everything but theyre completely different people. And so some of the most recent concerns around policing and mass incarcerations are legitimate and deserve intense attention. And so I think David understands that part of the greatness of Great Britain, of the United Kingdom is that it is willing, as we are, to project power beyond our immediate self-interests to make this a more orderly, safer world. or And so would your advice be to others it is important to find your passion in life? Try full digital access and see why over 1 million readers subscribe to the FT, Purchase a Trial subscription for $1 for 4 weeks, You will be billed $69 per month after the trial ends, The Big Dig: Germany reopens its mines in quest for mineral self-sufficiency, Singapore deepens US defence ties despite Chinese financial inflows, Chinas local governments stuck with bill for neighbourhood surveillance, Long-lived rivals: actuaries say Biden and Trump are not too old for office, Inflations legacy hits European households even as price growth ebbs, Charlie Munger: US banks are full of bad commercial property loans, JPMorgan to acquire First Republics deposits as US regulators step in, Disney uses Ron DeSantiss own words against him in free speech lawsuit, JPMorgan, Citizens and PNC submit bids for First Republic, Deutsche Bank plans to beef up investment bank advisory team, Totals chief tells investors European listing to blame for oil groups trading discount, Investors bet on shrinking pool of tech stocks as rally narrows, S&P criticised by pension funds over dual-class shares decision, US approach to financial regulation is set up to fail, China, America and why not all growth is equal, China could play a crucial role in ending the war in Ukraine, Labour has leverage to carry out private equity tax reform, The costs of entrenched high inflation cannot be ignored, Inside the elite British college for the worlds best nannies.

Chemical Process Engineer Jobs In Germany, Ziziphus Spina Christi, Articles F