can you shoot buckshot through a smooth bore barrel

Federal, Remington and Winchester all have fingers in this particular .410 pie, and so Hornady has stepped up to the plate with a new .410 handgun shotshell unlike anything else currently available. It demonstrated positive qualities in several areas, but mixed results in others. EXTENDED TURKEY CHOKE TUBES This choke tube helps increase accuracy in smooth bore barrels. If a person asks, "Can I use a rifled barrel to shoot buckshot? See Chart below for suggestions on choosing the right turkey choke. Will rifled slugs damage a rifled barrel? We all used buckshot.When I started to hunt we had no doe permit system,we shot deer period! Generally when patterning your shotgun you will want to have a target area that would hold a 30 inch circle. Our magazine fed shotguns are MKA 1919 magazine compatible. First, disassemble the choke by removing the end cap and the screw that It can handle buckshot or rifled slugs efficiently through the fully chrome plated, 18" fixed cylinder choked barrel (no constriction) for wide patterning. After you take the shot, the sabot spins off while the slug continues downrange. Cylinder bore is the most appropriate barrel, however, an improved cylinder bore is often used for convenience. The large thin pattern would make wounding rate very high. Heres the link to his video: We have a teardown video on the GFLVR410 on our website at. The patterns produced with the Triple Threat were tight enough to provide representative test targets out to 10 feet and 15 feet for handguns, and 15 to 20 feet for the shotgun. The rifled barrel will cause the shot column to spin, which will open up your pattern and lessen the effective range of your buckshot. WebRifled shotgun barrels can be capable of excellent practical accuracy, often printing 3-shot groups within 2 or better at 100 yards, which is well within the ethical limits for hunting accuracy at the closer hunting distances typically seen in these locales. There are two types of slugs for shotguns, and types of barrels as well. Can you shoot buckshot through a slug barrel? The third design is the oldest design, the Brenneke slug, invented by Wilhelm Brenneke in Germany in 1898. Anything else is just a guess. Synthetic stock with textured gripping surfaces, ribbed forearm, hard chrome-plated chamber and bore, fixed cylinder choke, rotary bolt, black chrome bolt. Which choke should be used with a rifled slug, I have a Remington 870 with a scope on it that I shoot rifled slugs out of and I have a 3"grouping at 100 yards. CHOKE TUBE INFORMATION Would you like to visit Winchester International? The rifling on a foster slug allows for the slug to obtrate to the diameter of the smooth bore as most smooth shotgun barrels have inconsistent internal dimensions along with being able to constrict going through various chokes. Some of the models (all models EXCEPT the GF/BR991220 model) comes with a polymer grip and picatinny rail mount on the bottom so you can mount the magazine to the picatinny rail on the bottom of your handguard. As that locking block plate slides, the oil will help make the block move more smoothly and will also help the action open and close easier. As the gun is used, the action and receiver will get broken in and will loosen up. I then bought a rifled barrel and rifles slugs. Rifled slugs are designed to spin as they travel down the barrel, which stabilizes them in flight and makes them more accurate. You must log in or register to reply here. The best way to initiate warranty service on your shotgun is to go to the service tab on our GForce Arms website at www.gforcearms.com/service. Rifled slugs have been around for a gazillion years and are for use in traditional smoothbore shotgun barrels. If you are taking closer shots (less than 100 yards), a smooth bore may be sufficient. Of the seven guns used in this limited gel test (one shot per block per gun), two had no projectiles reach 12 inches, five had one slug or ball hit or pass the 12-inch mark, three guns had two projectiles make the grade, but only one gun, the shotgun, pushed all three projectiles past 12 inches. Smooth bore barrels can shoot birdshot, buckshot, and rifled slugs (sabot slugs wont be accurate through a smooth bore barrel) Some smooth bore barrels will be threaded for chokes. How accurate is a smooth bore slug gun? Its just a little long for use in the house. So Sabot slugs is the only thing we can shoot? New to our line of choke tubes is the Ported Sporting Clay Choke Tubes. This is sad but I can not blame them,MA does nothing but make hunting almost impossible for most people. One of the older gentlemen I used to hunt with before he passed away had three sons and not one of them had any interest at all in hunting. When you pull the trigger, that slug gun is coming back at you, the recoil will push it up as well. Because this round is advertised as a self-defense shotshell, all of the test guns used were designed for personal protection or concealed carry. Others consider it a defining line between 2 inch as STANDARD load and 3 inch as HEAVY load. Not for use with slugs. Whether its multi-gun competition or protecting your home and family, the Super X Pump Defender isthe perfect choice. If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one. The smooth bore barrels shoot the rifled slugs, and the barrels designed to shoot slugs are riffled, and you shot sabot type slugs in these. Carlsons Rifled choke tubes feature a right hand 1 in 35 twist all through the choke tube. To even the playing field between the very shortest barrels (2-inches or less), the standard 3-inch barrels and the 18.5-inch shotgun, each gun had one of the two targets set at 5 yards to create a baseline. If you have NOT registered for the warranty, you will want to do that. As long as it's a smoothbore it's fine. The riffled slug barrels will already have adjustable open sights on them, and will be set up to take a scope, as well. This was even better with a little blood in the track.You older hunters know what I am talking about. Rifled slugs need the spin imparted by the rifling in order to stabilize in flight, and a smooth barrel will not provide that spin. Buckshot is a under 35 yard round no matter what choke you use. Lastly we have the slug and ball performance results. Slugs, rifled slugs, and sabots can be used in our Rifled Choke Tubes. This choke system is 2-3/4 long & the threads begin 3/4 from the muzzle end of the choke. Forget #4 buckshot! Most experts do not recommend shooting slugs through a MOD choke or smaller for the simple reason that some slug ammunition types could plug the barrel and cause damage to your firearm or could even be potentially harmful or fatal to the shooter. When I started to hunt I was 12 years old. Your expected range of accuracy for any box of slugs you grab in a store should be about 50 yards. barrel. A saboted slug maintains accuracy at a longer range--120 yards is not too much to ask from a finely tuned slug gun with a rifled barrel and scope, and some deer hunters feel confident out to 150 yards. This is the PRIMARY reason we do not recommend shooting slugs through some of our models that come with a FIXED MOD or FIXED FULL choke-sized muzzle. I've seen the same photos and gel tests, with fully expanded FTX Slugs, as everyone else. The 00 buckshot should only be shot through a non-rifled barrel. Disregard politics or people whats the worst state to live in? It is 2-3/4 long and the threads begin about a half-inch down from the top of the choke. The best quail gun I ever had is my old Mossberg smoothbore slug barrel. If you have shot a bunch of 2 3/4 shells, clean the chamber before switching to 3 to minimize reliability issues. Would that turkey load pattern well, anyone tried this? Shooting a rifled slug in a rifled barrel will just mess up the slug, and it will not perform well at all. The .38 Smith & Wesson Special, designed in 1898, rocked the handgun realm with its ballistic performance making it a cartridge for the history books. I found standard 16 pellets per shell were the best. I never knew this till now, a buddy of mine just explained it to me so I looked it up on the old interweb, glad I know what kind of slugs I should buy now before I went out and got a bunch that are more expensive and I dont need. Swarovski ATC Compact Spotting Scope Review, Helping Mule Deer Thrive: Muley Fanatic Foundation, Growing Big Mule Deer with Wildlife Prof Randy Larsen. So that myth is BUSTED. Ballistic information, such as velocity, can help your search for accurate slugs. However, the best handgun penetration (15, 12.25 and 10.25 inches) came from the 3-inch barrel of a standard sized Judge. Carlsons Choke Tubes are made from the finest corrosion-resistant 17-4 PH stainless steel available. Often steel shot can be "over" choked, a modified would throw a pattern like a full choke with steel. The rifling on the slug is really a set of helical fins that impart spin to the bullet (slug) after it exits the barrel and moves through the air. I was looking to see if anyone out there has actually shot patterns with one, looks like no one has. Some define it as the weight/size of the ball inside6 and above being standard load and below 6 being HEAVY load. The kids of today rather be in front of the TV playing hunting games than hunting. Yes! The rifled-choke tubes I have used were self-tightening, so a lubricant is recommended on the choke tube threads. All sizes and speeds of lead and Hevi-Shot may be used in these choke tubes. The secondary wound channels caused by the other projectiles showed penetration distances ranging from 6 to 11.5 inches in depth. The Extended Turkey choke tubes extend approximately 1 inch from the end of the barrel. Other key points to keep in mind when patterning: FLUSH MOUNT REPLACEMENT CHOKES The GF991220-DLX model comes with a thread pattern than is not compatible with any other readily available choke tube. Familiarize yourself with your firearm and the ammunition you are shooting! the short CYL bore will be fine as long as its a smooth bore. The rounds used for these tests were some of the very first Triple Threat loads off of the production line. No slug base expanded more than .444 inches when fired from a handgun, which means they were unlikely to engage the lands and grooves of a barrel designed for .454-inch .45 Colt bullets. It can handle buckshot or rifled slugs efficiently through the fully chrome plated, 18" fixed cylinder choked barrel (no constriction) for wide patterning. There hasn't been much talk recently about new .45 Colt/.410 handguns arriving on the market. It successfully fed, fired and ejected from a wide variety of guns with no malfunctions or failures. Can I shoot buckshot through it or any shot for that matter? This is the major trade-off of choosing this particular type of two-caliber handgun. You can count on this choke for your security needs. If you have any further feedback about this profile, please send an email at support@heylink.me, If you want to create a HeyLink.me profile, If you have some troubles, please send an email at support@heylink.me. ", the answer is, "Yes, but it will cause a very large increase in pattern size." As the shell is fired, the two lead balls press into this hollow to cause the base of the slug to flair out and contact the rifling of the barrel. punkin ball / rifled slugs, never use in a mod/ full choke tube or any extra full barrel. Correct bead alignment will help keep your POI true. Informal testing out to 7 yards demonstrated that every gun model tested could keep all three projectiles center-of-mass. His testing showed that shooting rifled slugs through a rifled barrel showed about the same accuracy as shooting sabot slugs through the rifled barrel. I guess it means buckshot is pretty good. We planned to shoot them at three ranges, 5 yards, 10 yards, and 25 yards, out of both barrels. We know from our past experiments, that the pattern of the buckshot will increase at approximately 1 inch per yard of distance. So, we expect to see "approximate" patterns of 5 inches at 5 yards, 10 inches at 10 yards, and 25 inches at 25 yards. After initial break-in period, you can go as low as 1,350FPS for your ammunition. Manufactured from 17-4 heat treated stainless steel and precision machined to produce a choke that patterns better with less recoil than standard flush mount choke tubes. My cousin was scraping his winshield and the darn deer was looking at him. A rifled-choke tube can improve accuracy. An indication of wear is when the lever comes to a rest to the LEFT of center. After initial break-in period, you can go as low as 1,350FPS for your ammunition. Any thoughts on using a smooth bore slug barrel 12 ga. for shooting turkey shot. This is generally not an issue with a little breaking in of the firearm with a few rounds. RIFLED CHOKE TUBES Yes, we offer a limited lifetime warranty to the original owner of the firearm. Please try in a few minutes. Thanks. Carlsons offers a full line of flush mount chokes in 12ga and 20ga for most shotguns. Not every slug brand did this, nor did every brand of rifled choke tube. For all customer service questions, please email us at: For all other general questions, please email us at: for details on the warranty. Once your gun is sighted in, practice at greater distances to improve your skill. Seems a bit dangerous if some shot guns cant hold that pressure. I know someone is going to think that chambering a 22 rifle for 22 magnum is dangerous. Whats the best choke when firing a rifled slug thru a smoth bore shotgun barrel? I didnt know anything about them at the time. Extending about 1 out of the barrel, this choke allows for easy installation or removal. Sighting-in at 50yards negates the effects of the wind. Need an air rifle capable of ripping through cans and drilling targets with precision? The most common reason for a short cycle or jam in a gas operated semi-auto shotgun is the lack of velocity produced by the ammunition you are using. The Hornady Triple Defense shot shell was test fired through a set of six .45 Colt/.410 handguns and one .410 bore shotgun for pattern, penetration and performance testing. CONSTRICTION MEASUREMENT (.000 of an inch), .000 (Bore Diameter which vary on manufacturer/model), Win-Browning Inv-Mossberg 500-Savage-Weatherby 20ga. In my opinion this is not so. Never shoot steel shot larger than #4 through any turkey choke. Good video, and great advice. These chokes are manufactured from 17-4 heat treated stainless steel. Rifled slugs are designed to be used in barrels with rifling, which helps spin the slug for greater accuracy. The slug spins in a motion similar to what rifling would cause due to the air passing over the grooves on the slug. Your accuracy will be non existant however, since the sabot round requires rifling for proper operation. Yes you can shoot buckshot through it without any ill effects. The smooth bore barrels shoot the rifled slugs, and the barrels designed to shoot slugs are riffled, and you shot sabot type slugs in these. It will likely be slightly to the RIGHT of center. The reason for If you're bench shooting, this means a solid rest at two points, the forearm and buttstock. I use slugs now there are no more hunters in Massachusetts to move deer around. Remember: RIFLED slugs go in SMOOTH barrels and SABOT slugs go in RIFLED barrels. There are also shotguns available with fully rifled barrels and/or hardy scopes designed for slug guns, although this is a more expensive route. Okay, first off it's safe to fire buckshot in any shotgun barrel that it's safe to shoot. In the shotgun, it looks like one ball and the slug slammed into each other causing both to be deformed. Over/Under shotguns have a locking block mechanism that is machined with EXTREMELY tight tolerances. If you. You will receive either an email or a phone call from our customer service to discuss the issue and get your shotgun back into peak operating condition. Choke tube lube is also recommended to be used on the threads of the choke tube. Were the powder charges off a bit? Another one I was tracking,hit by 16 gauge #1's we never got either. 12 GA SST 300 gr FTX slug for Rifled Barrels. Carlson does also manufacture the 12ga turkey chokes in a ported style. Birdshot is designed to be used in smooth-bore barrels, and will not accurately or effectively shoot through a rifled barrel. Foster slugs can be fired through a rifled barrel, and hunters who shoot rifled slugs through their rifled barrels claim to get good to excellent results. I have always said that a gun that can't pattern 00 buck will often find #1 buck to be its saving grace. IMO a much better way to go. Slug gun shooters often hold a gun tight to the shoulder, but rarely pull down on the forearm at the same time. On most new over/under shotguns of various brands, the lever may not go completely back to center. Carlsons Sporting Clay Choke Tubes are extended choke tubes that feature a 25% longer parallel section which gives the shooter a tighter and denser pattern. Are these ok to shoot thru a Remington 870 smooth barrel? It can launch multiple projectiles with one pull of the trigger, but at the cost of long-range accuracy and energy. I have a Wingmaster 870 with a 18.5 cylinder bore with rifle sights but the muzzle on the Mossberg is bigger than the one on the Remington. Again #1 buckshot will hold a pattern! The locking block slides back and forth to hold the barrel assembly in place. These choke extend out of the barrel and come in a matte black finish. I use sabots for my Savage 212 rifled barrel BUT out of curiosity I shot some rifled slugs and 1" 3 shot group at 60 yards with rifled barrel. I am a long time buckshot user. Generally speaking, you will want to use a more open choke when shooting steel shot than you would with lead. Slugs are a great way to get more rifle-like performance from your shotgun, and in fact, if your shotgun has an interchangeable barrel system, you might even be able to put a rifled barrel on it. WebA cylinder choke is recommended for shooting rifled slugs in a smooth-bore barrel. I just love the taste and smell of fresh hot coffee after a myth is busted. The people I hunted with was made up of relatives and friends. The choke has a 25% longer parallel section which allows for tighter and denser patterns, with fewer flyers. While an 18.5-inch barrel combat shotgun in 12 gauge, 20 gauge or .410 bore can produce something like a 7-inch shot pattern at 21 feet (7 yards), some .410 handgun and ammunition combinations can produce 7-inch patterns in as little as 6 feet. Deer never did stop much when driving or dogging. Please visit Warranty Registrationfor details on the warranty. Just in case you're wondering, the answer is yes the Triple Defense shell can be safely fired in most .410 shotguns, including those with full chokes. The more videos I watch from you guys, the better I like this channel, Looking for 12g slug is like looking for a gold nugget these day but Im not gonna give up 2 month left till deer opener. The POI of the gun can be affected by the gun, stance, shooter, choke, or load. Much beyond 7 yards (depending on the load fired), the shot pattern becomes too large or the projectiles lose too much energy to be effective. Thanks, you just saved me a ton of money. WebSlug barrels are rifled, for use with sabot slugs (not rifled slugs or bird/buckshot Smooth bore barrels can shoot birdshot, buckshot, and rifled slugs (sabot slugs won't be accurate through a smooth bore barrel) Some smooth bore barrels will be threaded for chokes. Choke tubes add the ability to shoot various forms of shot, including slugs. Sabot slugs should only be shot through our fully-rifled slug barrels. for a complete listing of specs and equipment that come with each firearm. This is a follow up to the buckshot questions and a little history. NO, some smooth one shotguns with or without chokes are deadly accurate. The fins compress to the diameter of a smoothbore barrel, making a tighter fit in the barrel. CARLSONS COYOTE CHOKE TUBE They are manufactured from 17-4 heat treated stainless steel had have a black finish. You are using an out of date browser. Based on these tests, it seems likely that the Triple Threat shell has been optimized for use in the Taurus Judge 2-inch chamber, 3-inch barrel revolver. We would love to hear from you. Your GForce Arms shotgun will perform and cycle optimally with ammunition that produces a velocity of 1,400 feet per second (FPS) or faster during the break-in period of about 100 rds. The chart below gives an idea of the effective yardage for most loads: This chart is to be used as a guide and should give you a good starting point when trying to decide which choke to use. The 20 gauge shotguns are HUGLU style chokes. Close Range: For use over decoys, ideal for 0-30 yards. I use a 20 guage Remington 870 pump with smooth barrel IC and i shoot CHALLENGER slugs. Shotguns: smooth bore, rifled bullet. Narrowing your search for accurate ammunition starts with the barrel. Was this dual failure to expand a fluke or a flaw? In short, the answer is no. The rifled barrel did indeed cause the buckshot to spread out much more than the smooth barrel. We also saw the "donut" shape to the patterns that were rumored to happen. If a person asks, "Can I use a rifled barrel to shoot buckshot?", the answer is, "YYes, but it will cause a very large increase in pattern size." Without the warranty registration, you may have to supply a copy of the receipt for the purchase of the firearm to get warranty service. Forum. The most shallow three-projectile penetration distances (8.85, 7.75 and 7.25 inches) were produced by the 2-inch barrel of the Polymer Public Defender version of the Taurus Judge. Without the warranty registration, you may have to supply a copy of the receipt for the purchase of the firearm to get warranty service. Modern smoothbore barrels come with removable choke tubes. The people I hunted with were depression raised people and used to hunt just to put food on the table. Trulock believes Foster and Brenneke designs are suitable for use with open constriction choke tubes such as cylinder, skeet or improved cylinder and will typically shoot 3-inch groups at 50 yards. Steel loads shot through lead constrictions will produce tighter patterns. To check for projectile penetration and performance, single rounds were fired into bare Clear Ballistics FBI-sized synthetic gel blocks from a distance of 10 feet. If you want to use any of these loads use try Mid Range choke tube. This means defensive .410 shotshells usually provide their best performance at around 7 yards or less. All of our shotguns (except the GF99DLX) are compatible with Benelli Mobil style chokes. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. we drived blocks and if we had a fresh track we dogged deer. It also has non-glare metal surfaces with a tough composite stock and forearm. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! TACTICAL BREECHER CHOKE TUBE Another source of error is not holding down on the forearm. So what was the problem in this case? CARLSONS PORTED SPORTING CLAY CHOKE TUBES It is funny I remember these and not the hundreds we dragged out. That just makes a very large breech loading smooth bore musket. That said, not all slugs may carry sufficient energy to take deer at that range, so please check the manufacturers ballistics, often found on the box. All rights reserved. Mid Range: For shooting situations 25-40 yards (Steel shot larger than BB or Steel shot faster than 1550 FPS should be used with this choke). CHOKES serve a very important purpose for which you should also understand. Anyone who tells me that #1 buck out of a modified barrel will give you the best general results and hold a good pattern has obviously put in his time testing and patterning. If you follow one of these, youre probably ok. Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. If you go from the front of the rail and slide back, it may not slide on. Accurate shooting requires more than hand and eye coordination. For more information on .410 handgun and shotshell performance, visit 410Handguns.com. The average slug sighted-in approximately 2 inches high at 50 yards will hit dead-on at 100. Submit a warranty request on our website to register your firearm. To meet FBI standards, a projectile needs to produce a minimum of 12 inches of penetration in ballistic gel. Make sure you have a good stance or rest so you get accurate data. so it was worth paying the extra for rifled. 12 gauge and GFLVR410 shotguns (except the BR99DLX) are Benelli Mobil style chokes. But Ive found that I get consistently better longer range accuracy out to 50 yards when I use a rifled choke tub. Sure you can, it is a cylinder bore and the shot will spread out a lot quicker. Sabot slugs should only be shot through our fully-rifled slug barrels. It also performs well when fired from a defensive shotgun. This need for handgun-specific shotshells is actually driven by a bit of government policy. You want to shoot sabot slugs through a rifled shotgun barrel. If the bore was rifled it would spin the shot in the rifling and when it left the muzzle itwould just scatter. The rifled barrel will cause the shot column to spin, which will open up your pattern and lessen the effective range of your buckshot. It is not safe to shoot slugs Plastic fouling will build up in a choke tube. Oops please provide a valid email address, Oops please provide a valid phone number. The extended portion of the choke is knurled and the choke has a matte black finish. This tube is not for use with Steel shot. Depo 25 Bonus 25 adalah suatu promo yang disediakan oleh agen judi slot online terpercaya dengan promo new member 100% minimal deposit 10 20 25 30 50 100 200 dengan To Rendah yang bisa kalian mainkan dengan Uang asli. A straight bore "cylinder choke" would be at the other extreme of the choke spectrum as loose as you can get. When you buy your smooth bore barrel, be sure you buy "hardened" choke tubes designed for steel shot. This choke has an open constriction which allows for shooting ANY shot shell including slugs, steel shot, Hevi-Shot, and buckshot. I can't say for sure. The choke has port holes to help eliminate recoil when using larger home defense rounds. Each manufacturer has a slightly unique bore diameter, which is why ammunition manufacturersaren't able to produce a one-size-fits-all slug. Of course, we ALWAYS advise cleaning your firearm BEFORE you ever go to the range. A shotgun slug is one of three basic designs. In a few cases the unexpanded slug stopped in the gel facing backwards (tip toward the shooter). You will want to set your target at the desired yardage you will be shooting at 40 yards is a good start and is widely used in the industry to compare results. The pictured pattern is 2.75" Federal Flite Control buckshot from an 8" barrel at 15 yards. This barrel is obviously overbored like all 835 barrels. What is the difference in the smooth slugster barrel and a regular smooth bore barrel? While I killed a few deer with it I killed a lot more quail and doves. Mine says he wants to go hunting also. I hail from a state that until 1975 buckshot was the only legal implement to hunt deer with(New Jersey). The Foster slug sure is a cool piece of tech. The first projectile in the Hornady shell is a .41-caliber 115-grain FTX lead slug. For a complete set of test results, see the following table. Our success rate was pretty good. Take a hard look at the GAMO Swarm 10X Viper! Carlsons NEW Tactical Breecher choke tube allows you to turn your hunting gun into a home defense gun. The recovered pellets all held together nicely in gel, with the recovered projectiles retaining between 98 to 100 percent of their unfired weight. Here are a few steps to help you clean your full choke after shooting buckshot through it: 1. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. They just go to a store, buy a pack of 00 buck and figure they're good to go. Those slugs or balls that satisfied the FBIs 12-inch minimum distance requirements created what could be considered primary wound channels. When you use a rifled slug in a smooth bore barrel, the slug will not spin and will be less accurate. I was under the impression you could shoot anything out of a rifled except steel shot- the steel messes up the rifling, I have a new England 12gage pump can I shot slugs in it. Here are (some of) the kinds of iron sights you may see. Confirm your email by clicking the verification link we just sent to your inbox, Situs Slot Depo 25 Bonus 25 Bonus 10 Bonus 20 Bonus 50 Bonus 100, Selamat Datang Di Situs Slot Depo 25 Bonus 25 To 3X & Slot Bonus New Member 100 To 3x 4x 5x 6x 8x 10x 12x 15x. He agrees some slug loads will give better accuracy than others in your specific shotgun, meaning that you'll need to do some experimenting. Swarovski ATC vs. ATS vs. Kowa 553Updated 4/26/23! ARMSCORs RIA 5.0 ST semi-automatic 9 mm Luger pistol represents the companys first handgun to be designed and manufactured here in the United States. Slugs run down a smooth bore, hit a tube and twist. If it is a smooth-bore slug barrel you can shoot anything except sabot slugs in it without hurting a thing. Brownells Gun Techs Caleb Savant and Steve Ostrem answer a common question: Do you have to shoot RIFLED slugs in a RIFLED shotgun barrel?

6 Reasons To Sleep With An Onion In Your Sock, Tesco Vision Statement 2021, Articles C